[Samba] reverse veto files?
Guido Lorenzutti
2006-08-04 21:00:05 UTC
Im currently having a very long list of veto files, just to be sure that
the people ONLY can write documents and styleshets. Is there any plan to
have a "reverse veto files" to ONLY allow this type of file? Because
when I have a lot of veto files the samba gets too slow, even if it
dosen't use regex, with regex i would be able to do the reverse veto.
But without regex and without "reverse veto files" there is no way of
doing this.
Michael Gasch
2006-08-06 14:30:09 UTC
Post by Guido Lorenzutti
Im currently having a very long list of veto files, just to be sure that
the people ONLY can write documents and styleshets. Is there any plan to
have a "reverse veto files" to ONLY allow this type of file? Because
when I have a lot of veto files the samba gets too slow, even if it
dosen't use regex, with regex i would be able to do the reverse veto.
But without regex and without "reverse veto files" there is no way of
doing this.
hi,

had the same question some time ago w/out real resolution.
please see "[HowTo] Only allow special files (extensions) in share ???".

greez
Jeremy Allison
2006-08-06 17:20:09 UTC
Post by Michael Gasch
Post by Guido Lorenzutti
Im currently having a very long list of veto files, just to be sure that
the people ONLY can write documents and styleshets. Is there any plan to
have a "reverse veto files" to ONLY allow this type of file? Because
when I have a lot of veto files the samba gets too slow, even if it
dosen't use regex, with regex i would be able to do the reverse veto.
But without regex and without "reverse veto files" there is no way of
doing this.
hi,
had the same question some time ago w/out real resolution.
please see "[HowTo] Only allow special files (extensions) in share ???".
It should be reasonably easy to add a "reverse veto files" parameter.
I'll look at it for 3.0.24. Remind me later (I have lots of other
stuff to do...).

Jeremy.
simo
2006-08-06 17:30:18 UTC
Post by Jeremy Allison
Post by Michael Gasch
Post by Guido Lorenzutti
Im currently having a very long list of veto files, just to be sure that
the people ONLY can write documents and styleshets. Is there any plan to
have a "reverse veto files" to ONLY allow this type of file? Because
when I have a lot of veto files the samba gets too slow, even if it
dosen't use regex, with regex i would be able to do the reverse veto.
But without regex and without "reverse veto files" there is no way of
doing this.
hi,
had the same question some time ago w/out real resolution.
please see "[HowTo] Only allow special files (extensions) in share ???".
It should be reasonably easy to add a "reverse veto files" parameter.
I'll look at it for 3.0.24. Remind me later (I have lots of other
stuff to do...).
Jeremy, what about just extending the syntax of the veto files option
instead of creating a new one?

Something like if the veto files option starts with a '+' sign then the
specified files are the only one permitted instead of the only ones
denied.

Simo.
--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer
Jeremy Allison
2006-08-06 18:00:11 UTC
Post by simo
Jeremy, what about just extending the syntax of the veto files option
instead of creating a new one?
Something like if the veto files option starts with a '+' sign then the
specified files are the only one permitted instead of the only ones
denied.
I had something like that in mind..... :-). Just need to go over
the code carefully. Thanks,

Jeremy.