[clug] August Canberra Linux Users Group meeting
Paul Wayper
2014-08-25 22:00:02 UTC
Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 28th August 2014

Date: 28th August 2014 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Time: 19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker: Paul Wayper

Abstract:
It's demo time!

At the July meeting George suggested he could bring the
server he's been working on to the meeting. Other people
suggested they'd like to show their machines off too,
and others still wanted to see what people were using
and how they had their systems set up.

So bring in your Linux system - small or large, modest
or outrageous, homely or high powered - and give us a
short (five minute) talk-through of your system: what
you use it for, what you've got installed and any things
you've done to customise it to your tastes.

Venue: Room N101
Computer Science and Information Technology Building
North Road
The Australian National University

See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink: Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.
Matthew Dormer
2014-08-25 22:34:59 UTC
Hi all,

For the 8th month in a row, I wont be able to make it to the CLUG
meeting. And Ill miss this one badly as Im in the US and wont be back
till the 31st.

However I would love to show off my NAS and Laptop that I run Linux on.

Also I have a Job coming up that Id like to give people heads up on.

I work at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment. I am in need of a
Windows / Linux Admin. The Primary role will be supporting our students
and staff, but as a secondary Network Administrator to look after the
systems whilst I am traveling.

If anyone wants some more information, Please e-mail me and I will get
it to you.

Ill endeavor to make the September meeting.

Matt.
--
AIE Logo *Matthew Dormer
IT Manager *
| Canberra Campus: 02406F
This information may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
Anyone who receives this communication in error should notify us
immediately and destroy the original message
without reading, copying or forwarding it to anyone.