[Samba] INTERNAL DNS Problem
Keshia lesly diana Etsiké malam via samba
2017-03-14 11:00:01 UTC
This is the configuration of smb.conf of  the DC is  Global parameters[global]        workgroup = DOMAINNAME        realm = domainamet.lan        netbios name = SMBSERVERREP2        server role = active directory domain controller       dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes[netlogon]        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domainname.lan/scripts        read only = No
[sysvol]        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol        read only = No
I have

I have three domain controller samba 4.2 under debian jessie. One that creates the domain forest and two replication. But when I simulate a failover on the first machine, the replication servers are not able to provide information about domain members to linux clients. So there I try to add a linux station with my first server stop. But he sent me this error.
samba-tool domain join domainename.lan -U"IDOMAINENAME\administrator"Password for [IDOMAINNAME\administrator]:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 898, in secretsdb_self_join msg["priorWhenChanged"] = [res[0]["whenChanged"][0]]KeyError: 'No such element'Segmentation faultEven using the command "net ads join administrator" I have an error updating the DNS.

net ads join -U AdministratorEnter Administrator's password:Using short domain name -- DOMAINNAMEJoined 'SMBCLIENT' to dns domain 'domainname.lan'DNS update failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
But if I jump to a post while the first DC is on I have no error.
I would like to solve this problem. Thank you for your help.
Rowland Penny via samba
2017-03-14 11:20:01 UTC
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:48:25 +0000 (UTC)
Post by Keshia lesly diana Etsiké malam via samba
[...]
OK try setting /etc/resolv.conf on the client to this:

search domainamet.lan
nameserver <IP of first DC>
nameserver <IP of second DC>
nameserver <IP of third DC>
options timeout:1 attempts:2 rotate

See 'man resolv.conf' for what the last line does.

Is there any chance you could use a different e-mail client, it is very
hard to follow your posts.

Rowland
Keshia lesly diana Etsiké malam via samba