[Samba] Rename Samba 4 Users
Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira via samba
2017-03-13 17:40:02 UTC
Hi guys!

Do you know if there is a away to rename a list of samba 4 user accounts ?

I need to change a list of 2000 users from "login name" to a "login number"
i would not like to do this one by one.

I know that in windows server i can do using powershell script, but it
doesn´t work with samba.

If you have any ideia on how to do this i appreciate.

Thanks!!
Rowland Penny via samba
2017-03-13 18:00:02 UTC
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:35:00 -0300
Post by Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira via samba
Hi guys!
Do you know if there is a away to rename a list of samba 4 user accounts ?
I need to change a list of 2000 users from "login name" to a "login
number" i would not like to do this one by one.
I know that in windows server i can do using powershell script, but it
doesn´t work with samba.
If you have any ideia on how to do this i appreciate.
Thanks!!
You could write a script around ldbrename, see 'man ldbrename'

Rowland